I didn’t create a #2017makenine but I’m looking forward to having some plans set out this year to aim for with my #2018makenine.
I’ve mostly chosen patterns that I already have so I can work through my stash. Again I think I have a thing for Sew Over It.
- Top row: I have a few shop bought pussy blouses and so I would like to make one for work. I already have the –Simple Sew ‘Pussy bow dress‘ which I will use the top version.
- I have been drawn to jumpsuits whilst shopping and have a few playsuits already. My secret santa gift from Work in 2016 was the Great British Sewing Bee – Fashion with Fabric book which had this simple jumpsuit pattern that I was instantly drawn to. I’ve made one pattern so far from the book and the sizes come up small so I will have to go up a size on this I think.
- I do love a pretty cotton summer dress and I think the Sew Over It ‘Rosie’ dress will be perfect.
- Middle row: I have always longed to make a coat but it scares me! The amount of fabric that it involves worries me if I go wrong and the cost. On a recent trip to Birmingham Rag market I saw some cheap £5 metre wool which I think will be a good place to start with. I already have the Sew Over It ‘Lola’ coat pattern which is a simple pattern to begin my coat making adventures with.
- To push me out of comfort zone completely I would like to make a ‘Henrietta’ costume from – Measure Twice, Cut Once. A modern swimsuit that gives me cover in all the right places. I anticipate that this might be left undone at the end of the year but if I complete it I will be giving a loud ‘whoop’ from my sewing table!!!
- 2017 has been a year where I have fallen in love with jersey and hope to continue in 2018. I have the Sew Over It ‘Heather’ dress printed out, and fabric ready in my stash.
- Bottom row: I love the romance of the Sew Over It ‘Eve’ dress and I imagine a beautiful plain colour dress that I have been inspired to make since watching ‘La La Land’. I picked up some Magenta viscose and I have heart eyes 😍imagining my Eve dress in this.
- I am still searching for a perfect cami pattern. I have tried the Sew Over It ‘Silk Cami’ and the fit across the upper bust is terrible. I’ve tried going up a size and adding a dart but still it doesn’t fit. Oh well, time to move on. I love the versions of the True Bias ‘Ogden Cami’ that I have seen online. Maybe my search will be over……….
- I already have a Sew Over It ‘Erin’ skirt in the short version cut out so I think this will be one of my first makes of 2018.
So there are my 9 makes that I have planned for 2018. I hope that I get through them and I’m sure I’ll be making many others. That’s the beauty of sewing, you can have the same pattern but in many versions. You would never do that if they were shop bought!